Sunday, June 28, 2009

Strawberries!

IMG_7529

It's here, it's finally here! Strawberry Season!

We headed back up to Lyman Orchards on Tuesday in hopes of coming home with at least 2 pounds of strawberries. I thought that was a lofty goal, seeing how I had Calvin strapped to me and Miles running free in a field of foot-level fruit. I was relying on Lucy, Queen of the See-a-bug-and-Shriek people, and Tate, King of La la land, to do all my picking.

The weather was perfect. Dark stormy clouds overhead, an occasional gust of cool breeze, and the weather man threatening rain storms were enough to keep all the other pickers home except our friends, Kristen and Parker. We had the field almost to ourselves, which was advantageous when Miles started yelling, "Yeah, I do have to go potty now, but I can't pee on the strawberries."

No, Miles, you can not.

To help out, I brought Jeni and Katherine along, and they brought home tons of red juicy goodness to their mom. At the end of the day, we headed home with 8 pounds of strawberries for each family, 3 packages of cider donuts, and lots of muddy knees and stained t-shirts.

I love summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home