If a tree falls in the woods. . .
So, when we first moved here, our bishop told us about his family car being smashed to bits by a falling tree in the driveway of his home.
I've been a little... cautious ever since.
Jake might call it psycho, but whatever.
Every time there's a big storm with high winds or heavy rain, I think of the big honkin' tree leaning over the kids' room. Every time I make Jake carry sleeping kids down to the living room so they don't die, he gives a look like, "Break out the Lorazipam. Alison's having another episode."
But seriously, this place is scary.
Just last night, we got a lovely little present in the back yard.

This doesn't really show just how massive it is. I've already hacked off a mountain of branches so we can get the chain saw in there. (That was my workout for the month.)
There are branches as big as my arm, stabbed 6 inches into the ground! Some of them were so big, I couldn't rip them out. If this had fallen on our house, we would have been toast.
So next time you see me cowering in fear, with my children tucked into my sides as the breeze blows, just remember, I'm being cautious.
Not psycho.
*editor's note- After posting this, we (ted) cut up the giant pieces and started hauling them away. Halfway through, we realized our yard had a bit of a. . . sliver, for lack of a better word.

Ted set to work trying to get it out with a hydraulic jack.



Ewww.
I've been a little... cautious ever since.
Jake might call it psycho, but whatever.
Every time there's a big storm with high winds or heavy rain, I think of the big honkin' tree leaning over the kids' room. Every time I make Jake carry sleeping kids down to the living room so they don't die, he gives a look like, "Break out the Lorazipam. Alison's having another episode."
But seriously, this place is scary.
Just last night, we got a lovely little present in the back yard.

This doesn't really show just how massive it is. I've already hacked off a mountain of branches so we can get the chain saw in there. (That was my workout for the month.)
There are branches as big as my arm, stabbed 6 inches into the ground! Some of them were so big, I couldn't rip them out. If this had fallen on our house, we would have been toast.
So next time you see me cowering in fear, with my children tucked into my sides as the breeze blows, just remember, I'm being cautious.
Not psycho.
*editor's note- After posting this, we (ted) cut up the giant pieces and started hauling them away. Halfway through, we realized our yard had a bit of a. . . sliver, for lack of a better word.

Ted set to work trying to get it out with a hydraulic jack.



Ewww.


5 Comments:
I don't blame you about being too cautious. We had a tree fall right on our car too. It missed all the other 3 cars surrounding ours but it got ours.
YIKES!!!!
Glad everyone is safe! We were huddled in our teeny guest bathroom for fear of tornadoes just last night.
Holy moley! That is one honkin' sliver.
Oh my gosh! Holy-in-the-ground-tree!! (sorry - I've been watching Adam West Batman shows)... But seriously - that fall must have been loud and tramatic...
If you ever move, you've GOT to take Ted and Karen with you!
Post a Comment
<< Home