Tuesday, June 02, 2009

"We're going to Africa."

Lucy's "gumbo" is lingering, so I kept her home today. As I was upstairs, putting down the baby, I heard her and Miles plotting. When I came down, Lucy informed me,

"We're going to Africa."

IMG_7264

She had her bags packed,

IMG_7263

her "Africa clothes" on,

IMG_7269

a guide book of what animals to avoid,

IMG_7282

her important papers,

IMG_7266

and her trusty guide to keep her safe.

IMG_7279


The guide showed me where "Afrita" was on the map,

IMG_7243

and invited me to come. "Tum on, Mom!"

IMG_7242

She decided to take the train and plopped down to happily wait,

IMG_7341

but the wait at the trainstation was agonizing.

IMG_7340

Her guide, seeing the poor judgement of his traveling companion, opted to take a red motor boat.

IMG_7294

He was in Africa in no time.

IMG_7290

Lucy, meanwhile, was still waiting.

IMG_7339

... and waiting...

IMG_7338

After deciding to just fly after all,

IMG_7358

she landed safely and paused to take in a little of the culture.

IMG_7307

She decided, "Africa is boring."

IMG_7298

...until the locals showed up.

IMG_7359

Very short people, those Africans.

IMG_7325

She tried to make friends with them.

IMG_7329

They weren't too keen on that idea.

IMG_7328

But then he got wind of a rumor about some cool red motor boat

IMG_7316

and tried to hitch a ride.

IMG_7349

Much to the disgust of the fearless guide,

IMG_7352

who finally gave in to the cute little local.

IMG_7356




The End

IMG_7304

10 Comments:

Blogger The Blakes said...

Hopefully there was no gumbo germs in Africa. Sending lots of healthy thoughts your way...

:)

6/03/2009 5:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, fun trip next time try Yemen.

6/03/2009 10:00 PM  
Blogger Hillary said...

What a creative bunch of kids you have!

Abi saw a picture of Lucy and exclaimed, "it's Lucy from the waterpark!!!" (She has been known by that name ever since our fun Valentine's Day trip two years ago :)

6/04/2009 12:10 AM  
Blogger MCMULLIN FAMILY said...

Great storytelling and picture taking. Loved every minute of it!

6/04/2009 3:55 PM  
Blogger kj said...

Fun. I think I'll go to Africa too. Lucy's hair is incredible. How can I have hair like that?

6/04/2009 7:57 PM  
Blogger angiedunn said...

al: i can't get over how stinking beautiful your kiddos are. they are TDF.

thanks for your comment on my blog. (: water pitcher idea...awesome...totally did that today.

have a great day!

6/05/2009 2:43 AM  
Blogger Darleen said...

Has Lucy been watching Dora lately?? That sounds like a Dora trip. Little Calvin has so much hair!

6/05/2009 3:32 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Oh, I miss you Alison. You tell the best stories. Being funny is so much more important than being coordinated, I hope your kids know that

6/08/2009 5:04 PM  
Blogger Annika said...

You're such a great storyteller, Aunt Alison! It's a good thing you have such crazy kids to tell stories about.

6/08/2009 5:17 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

It's always a good sign when your "guide" is wearing a Batman shirt and cape. Always reliable! :)

6/14/2009 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home