Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Happy Birthday to me. . .

"Mom! Don't forget, you're older today!"

Thanks to Lucy, that's how I started this day.

It got much better from there. The highlight was spending it with the whole family in the City at the Natural History Museum.

Dum Dum

By the end of the day, we'd seen every dead animal known to man,

Miles and Bears

picnicked in Central Park,

Al and Kids

found a new love of milkshakes at the Shake Shack, and watched Calvin throw the king of all fits.

I loved every minute of it. Except the fit. Seriously, I got multiple comments from concerned passer-bys about my qualifications as a mother. They found me seriously lacking. Oh well, the ice cream made everything better.

I finished off the day with a pedicure with Patricia and cake with the Winslows.

I couldn't get any luckier.

7 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

Happy Birthday, Alison!!! So fun that you live so close NY. I love that place!

8/04/2010 11:48 PM  
Anonymous Claire said...

It's a good thing they didn't remember you guys from the last time...

8/05/2010 11:29 AM  
Blogger Darleen said...

Yes...Happy Birthday to you Alison! I was going to ask you if you got really bad looks from the rude New Yorkers since you went with all your kids. I know it's silly but I try to avoid NYC when I have to go with the clan. :(

We are going to miss the Parkers! We need to get together soon. I don't even know any of the details!!

8/05/2010 3:54 PM  
Blogger Darleen said...

Yes...Happy Birthday to you Alison! I was going to ask you if you got really bad looks from the rude New Yorkers since you went with all your kids. I know it's silly but I try to avoid NYC when I have to go with the clan. :(

We are going to miss the Parkers! We need to get together soon. I don't even know any of the details!!

8/05/2010 3:54 PM  
Blogger Esther said...

Happy Birthday Al.

8/05/2010 5:04 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Wait...they were making comments? Oh - this you must post in detail. I do love those thoughtless, naive comments from complete strangers. Seriously - cough up the goods. And what did you say in response??

It's almost as good as those horrible looks you get at Stews for actually bringing your kids to a grocery store. Sigh...we're such horrible parents...

PS - Happy Birthday!

8/05/2010 5:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Happy Day to you. Hey I believe I missed the part where you got kicked out of another museum. I take it this day was better.

Loves to the one year wiser Alison

8/06/2010 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home