Sunday, May 04, 2008

So far, so good. . .

The time has come. It can be hidden no longer. As my lovely friend, Laura, stated today at church, "If I didn't know, I'd just think you were getting a little tubby around the middle." I've done this 8 times now, and my body is getting a head-start on the spare tire. I can only wear my wool coat all the way through church so many times before I start getting "the look". That, and I got caught snarfing peanut butter crackers in the mother's room at church. (On fast Sunday!)
hamster
So, if I can make it past that magical week #12 that has tripped us up so many times, Thanksgiving might be hotdogs and rootbeer this year.
(I think the above picture resembles a smushed strawberry. Jake votes a hamster.)

27 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

ok..I did not notice a thing on you...you look as skinny as ever to me. Congratulations!!!!! That's so exciting!!! :)

5/04/2008 11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do not look tubby. Slim as ever.

Proof is no one has "noticed." Remember, I got asked by, like, four people when I was 6 weeks. Nice...

You look gorgeous and trim and I can't wait 'till your pooch is as big as mine!

5/04/2008 11:31 PM  
Blogger Claire Mills said...

is that a sonogram of Claire Parker?

5/05/2008 12:27 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I would never have known.

5/05/2008 2:16 AM  
Blogger Clinesville said...

Number 4...are you crazy, only crazy people have 4 kids!

Congratulations!!!

5/05/2008 8:33 AM  
Blogger kj said...

Congratulations! I never would have known. You're still nice and everything. I'm going to pray for a girl for you so that when you come see us in AZ, our Ivy will have a little playmate!!

5/05/2008 9:39 AM  
Blogger The Blakes said...

That is the cutest smushed strawberry/hampster I've ever seen. Congratulations!

5/05/2008 10:10 AM  
Blogger Hillary said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!! I had no idea...does Lucy know? If so, she's a great secret keeper because at the beginning of Primary I had everyone tell me something new and exciting and she didn't mention it at all.

Good luck getting over that week 12! Let me know if you need anything.

5/05/2008 12:30 PM  
Blogger Allison M. said...

You are amazing, to go through so much for a little one. But smooshed strawberries and hamsters seem harder and harder to come by these days, so Congratulations!

(Also, hats off to you for going to church at all. I just go inactive for 12 weeks, until things like peanut butter are tolerable again....)

A new little Parker...Hooray!

5/05/2008 12:55 PM  
Blogger The Dillinghams said...

Congratulations and good luck! And I didn't notice one bit, either. I think you are still skinny! And it looks like a very cute strawberry.

5/05/2008 4:02 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

YEA!!! I hope Miley gets his twin now so he isn't the odd man out anymore! I am so excited for you...I may just go into labor!

5/05/2008 4:28 PM  
Blogger The Fowers said...

Oh, hooray. Strawberry would make a lovely name for a baby!!

5/05/2008 9:19 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yippee!!!

5/05/2008 9:19 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Oh, congrats, Alison!! We are so happy for you, and Steve thinks you are brave. I wasn't aware that you'd had a struggle...you never let on that you struggle with anything. S'why I'm glad to have you as a friend - I can't be perfect, so I can at least say I know someone who almost is!

5/05/2008 10:01 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Congratulations!! That is one lucky baby to get to be a Parker!
I wish you guys were here.

5/05/2008 11:05 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Yay yay yay!!! I think you need another girl. Otherwise, look at the name options:
Car
Steeple
Chevy
JP Morgan
and
Goose
Okay, that last one is a stretch, but it needs to be a girl, dontcha think?
Les. ;)

5/06/2008 11:13 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Congrats! I agree with Leslie, why not a girl?
Push out those girl hormones 'kay?

I see an "All-Seeing Eye"

5/07/2008 8:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats, what is your due date.

5/07/2008 2:00 PM  
Blogger Jami said...

I am so happy for you. I hope that everything goes GREAT!!!

5/07/2008 6:53 PM  
Blogger Dinner Club in CT said...

Skinny Mini, you could have probably tricked me for months. I am so happy for you!

Let's have chick night this month for sure and watch Looks Who's Talking.

5/07/2008 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, Grandpas are especially happy for this kind of news!

Grandpa Parker

P.S. I'd post more often, but I now believe I have close to 50 logons and passwords and I can only remember six. Every time I log in to this one I have to get a new password!

5/09/2008 12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, Grandpas are especially happy for this kind of news!

Grandpa Parker

P.S. I'd post more often, but I now believe I have close to 50 logons and passwords and I can only remember six. Every time I log in to this one I have to get a new password!

5/09/2008 12:50 PM  
Blogger Shido said...

Holy comments!

Congrats you guys! That's awesome! You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Do the kids know yet?

We miss you guys tons.

5/10/2008 3:42 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Oh - I'm so glad someone finally pointed out the little bump on your tummy because I didn't want to be the one to bring it up...just kidding!! Congratulations! You are one crazy woman to venture into the number 4 arena. But what a happy day!

5/10/2008 3:29 PM  
Blogger The Cochran Family said...

Yah Yah! I am so excited for YALL!! I will keep you ion my prayers! Hey and you are a pro at this mom thing, I think you should have 4 more!

5/11/2008 4:40 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Wow! Congrats! I wouldn't have known you were expecting. I wish you the best with this pregnancy. Let me know if you need anything.

5/11/2008 10:00 PM  
Blogger The Arbuckle's said...

so you weren't taking medication in the mother's room? I never like to speculate about things like this but anybody eating on fast sunday is a given for pregnancy.

You are skinny as ever, congrats!!

5/13/2008 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home