At least we don't have to hurry home with the popsicles

When I lived in Arizona, it always annoyed me to buy popsicles. No matter how fast I drove home, they were always a little melted by the time I stuck them in the freezer. That doesn't really bother me lately. I have a freezer on wheels.
We're enjoying (trying to not be so negative) this record breaking cold snap by getting creative. I have to walk to school to pick up the kids because I can't carry Calvin's car seat from the parking lot to the school doors, (There's no actual parking at the school. We have to park at the library or bank and walk.) and it's too cold to carry him without it.
After picking up these two,

we play out here to see who can find the biggest icicle.

This shot is from inside the garage. It doesn't look so bad, right?
Only a few inches?
Well, the fun part is the inch of invisible ice on top. I say fun, because I got to practice my figure skating with this:

all the way out to the street! Miles thought it was hillarious. I almost broke a hip.
And yes, the newest Parker is buried somewhere in that left side of the stroller. We've got to get him toughened up young.
(just kidding, Mom. He's perfectly warm.)

*note: All of these were taken on Monday which actually wasn't that cold. We won't be picking up the kids on Thursday or Friday as the weather is supposed to be hovering around 7 degrees at pick up time. I'm going to ask a neighbor for help. I hope they call off school.


10 Comments:
You are a better woman than I. I would have called a snow day myself and kept the kids home just so I wouldn't have to walk in the cold. But I'm a wuss. :)
You are so good to go get your kids from school. Good luck in the cold and little Calvin is so stinkin cute!!
Do you want me to pick up your kids?? Oh, what...I guess that would put me in the same position as you. I'm actually thinking of keeping Stella home from school on Friday.
Oh boy, I sure don't miss that weather! How miserable! I'm with Darleen, keep the kids home on those frigid days-they cancel school for a threat of snow, but not for 7 degree weather? Makes no sense :) Try to stay warm and thawed out!!!
OOOOOH My GOSH, AL!!!!!!! He is so very very adorable. All that dark brown hair and his beautiful eyes. He is so sweet and BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats to THAT! Wow. I wish I would have checked up on blogs earlier, I have been, well now you know, trying to survive with FOUR kids. It really is a lot, isn't it!!!??? I didn't think it would be but I find myself Constantly taking care of EVERYBODY!!! and I mean Constantly. It's a good constant though, and it makes four children sound like a really good number to complete a family. Anyways, You look great and so does everyone else.
All of them are cute, but those two littlest ones...mmmm! Sorry about the cold. Sofia's gleefully running around the backyard in only a diaper.
Al: Talked to a friend in mineSOTA last night who said it was 14 below! Here we call it a dry heat, there they call it a fresh cold. It was 75 here yesterday. I took the lite rail to the Y and of course the police got on and asked everyone for a ticket. Glad I had gotten one. The fine is $50 without it!
I agree...I've shown off the pix to everyone here and they can't get over how adorable they all are...and they are sad for me that you are all so far away.
Grandpa Parker
Thanks for the invite. Wow, I've never seen such a cute little guy. My newborns only look cute to me...and that's only when they are sleeping! So good to catch up. Do you get my emails?
I can't even fathom that kind of weather!
Your kids are so cute I LOVE Lucy's hair!!!! I see you are enduring the cold like we are, I think I will always be a Arizona girl...just not a huge fan of the cold.
Post a Comment
<< Home