Friday, January 30, 2009

Big giant bubba, nice shiny rocks, and the barf couch

Catching up on some of the less exciting events of the last week:

IMG_5492

While being checked over by nurses and doctors last week, we found out this little guy is closing in on 14 lbs already. Holy cow. Or hippo.

IMG_5450


My dad sent the kids a rock tumbler to keep them occupied this winter. We stuck these guys in:

IMG_5411

and got out some beautiful shiny gems! We'll be sending some to far away cousins and friends, asking for a small rock from their region in return. Once we have some from all corners of the country, we'll run another batch. Thanks Dad!

Miles got a minor stomach bug Saturday night at 5pm. I know it was 5 because Jake only had an hour and a half to go get a new couch at Costco before closing time. That's right, Miles did such a phenomenal job on our old couch, it is now in the garage waiting to go to the dump. Kind of sad, seeing as all our family story times, movie watching, lazy Sunday afternoons, Family Home Evenings, and late nights with new babies have happened on that couch.

IMG_5510

Because all those things happened on that couch for the last 7 years, however, it was on it's way out the door anyway, and Vomit Boy just gave it one final shove.


Way to go Miles.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Blakes said...

That's one sure way to replace things.

Ty puked in the car last night and I want a new car now. One without the odor.

2/01/2009 4:34 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Puke stinks. Really.

YAY on the new couch, though!

2/02/2009 6:27 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I am impressed you send Jake to pick out the new couch! I don't know if I could be that brave!

2/03/2009 12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home