Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I totally deserve this...

Tate is famous in Texas.

Rumors were spread far and wide of the legendary disaster that was his potty training.

People used him for an example when referring to potty training:

"Well, I don't want to start little Junior just yet. I don't think he's quite ready and I don't want him to pull a Tate."

Seriously.

Lucy was not much better. There are several weeks in my memory where the day ended in a pile of wet panties by the bathroom door each night.

Enter Miles. My most stubborn child. My most mischievous child. My sneakiest child.

Each time I accidentally thought about him and potty training at the same time, a severe shudder would pass through my body. I was in no hurry. I didn't care if he waited until he was 14, I would not push it.

Last Sunday he announced to me that he was ready right now. We had not discussed it, so I had to go dig out some of Tate's old undies and hand them over as my life flashed before my eyes.

One week later he won't let me help him with any of it, and he has had only two accidents. He is determined. He is proud of himself. He is amazing.

I totally deserve this.

7 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Yay Miley!!!

1/20/2009 9:25 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

You DO totally deserve this! Hopefully Sofia realizes I deserve a good one, too. :)
Les.

1/21/2009 12:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats!!!!

1/21/2009 12:39 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Wow. Pray for me.

1/21/2009 10:49 AM  
Blogger Hillary said...

Way to go you two!!! maybe he could call and give Abi some pointers...we're on about day 7 of some serious potty training and we're doing better, but MAN, it's FRUSTRATING to potty train! I'm glad you got an easy one this time around.

1/21/2009 9:57 PM  
Blogger Allison M. said...

I have had few experiences in my life more humbling and frustrating than potty training. So hooray for Miles (and you)!

1/22/2009 5:30 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

congrats!!! that is great.

1/26/2009 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home