My hero!
So, I fell yesterday down the outside stairs while holding the baby. I ruined (for only the near future I hope) my good ankle on the way down, and then both the baby and I went flying into the snow. Luckily, I had a superhero (and cell phone) nearby.

Miles immediately ran to the neighbor's house, went right in their back door, and yelled, "My mom's hurt and the baby too! Come quick!" They both came running, took the baby from me, and helped my superhero guide the police and ambulance to the backyard, where I was still on my back in the snow.
Calvin and I got to ride in the ambulance to the Greenwich Hospital where I found out after 7 x-rays, nothing's broken (on either of us!). He's just fine because I took most of it before he rolled out of my arms into the snow. I'm not as fine, as I ended up on crutches for who knows how long, but it could be a lot worse, if not for a cushion of snow, my extra 35 lbs. of post-baby padding, and of course, my superhero.
Thanks Miles!

Miles immediately ran to the neighbor's house, went right in their back door, and yelled, "My mom's hurt and the baby too! Come quick!" They both came running, took the baby from me, and helped my superhero guide the police and ambulance to the backyard, where I was still on my back in the snow.
Calvin and I got to ride in the ambulance to the Greenwich Hospital where I found out after 7 x-rays, nothing's broken (on either of us!). He's just fine because I took most of it before he rolled out of my arms into the snow. I'm not as fine, as I ended up on crutches for who knows how long, but it could be a lot worse, if not for a cushion of snow, my extra 35 lbs. of post-baby padding, and of course, my superhero.
Thanks Miles!


9 Comments:
Sending prayers your way! So sorry, who would want to get up and accomplish anything anyway.
WHAT!!!! Are you ok?!! I hope so. It is however, a good thing that you took the brunt of it and NOT the baby! Sorry, but that's just what a moms gotta do.
OH NO! That is terrible! I am glad you are both ok! He is so looking like a Parker in that last picture!
I wish I could be there to help. xo
(PS Sorry I was so talkative on the phone today!)
Scary!! luckily you have such a tough baby. That is my worst fear. I guess I will stop hating the snow so much if it saved both of you.
Oh no Alison!!! I hope you have all the help you need hobbling around. Geez!! I'm so glad Calvin is okay and Hooray for Miles.
I'm so sorry!
p.s. that baby is just so stinkin' cute. I'm so glad he is okay. I love all that hair.
Miles to the Rescue! I'm so glad that it wasn't worse. They told us at the RS dinner tonight that you had fallen and hurt yourself. I am so sorry that happened. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
wow! What a scary experience, especially with the baby in your arms!!! I'm glad he's ok and that you're mostly ok. Good luck with crutches, I hope you don't have to have them for too long.
Post a Comment
<< Home