Oh the difference a day makes...
You know that second when you wake up and you can't quite remember what's going on in life?
That was the best part of yesterday morning.
Two seconds later, I remembered I'm sick. I remembered my kids are sick. I remembered one of my children did something horribly embarrassing and I can never show my face at church again. I remembered I went to bed without cleaning up. I remembered not remembering to get stuff ready for breakfast. I remembered I have an ultrasound at 1:00 and no babysitter because of sick kids.
Nothing terrible. Nothing tragic or devastating. Just enough to make for a really lousy day and not wanting to get out of bed.
The whole morning, I let myself wallow. I whined to my mom, I whined to a few friends, I laid on the couch.
By 1:00, my head had started to clear, Calvin was up from a nap and much nicer, I had the house starting to look a little better, and Jake came home from work to watch the monkeys while I went to the hospital.
The tests all went well, Miles and I made rice trispy treats, I picked up two very happy children from school, and Calvin played in the toyroom without me.
One of the people I'd whined to dropped off this out of the blue:

I scrapped plans for dinner, got out the paper plates, and ordered a pizza for dinner.
Oh, and I got lots of slobbery kisses from this one:

What a great day.
That was the best part of yesterday morning.
Two seconds later, I remembered I'm sick. I remembered my kids are sick. I remembered one of my children did something horribly embarrassing and I can never show my face at church again. I remembered I went to bed without cleaning up. I remembered not remembering to get stuff ready for breakfast. I remembered I have an ultrasound at 1:00 and no babysitter because of sick kids.
Nothing terrible. Nothing tragic or devastating. Just enough to make for a really lousy day and not wanting to get out of bed.
The whole morning, I let myself wallow. I whined to my mom, I whined to a few friends, I laid on the couch.
By 1:00, my head had started to clear, Calvin was up from a nap and much nicer, I had the house starting to look a little better, and Jake came home from work to watch the monkeys while I went to the hospital.
The tests all went well, Miles and I made rice trispy treats, I picked up two very happy children from school, and Calvin played in the toyroom without me.
One of the people I'd whined to dropped off this out of the blue:

I scrapped plans for dinner, got out the paper plates, and ordered a pizza for dinner.
Oh, and I got lots of slobbery kisses from this one:

What a great day.


6 Comments:
First of all, I'm so glad all your tests went well! Your kids are adorable. I'm glad Jake could come help. Move closer and I'll take your sick kids for ya. ;) I hope today is at least as good as yesterday. xo
Bless you! Days have a funny way of turning out....and bless the woman (I'm CONVINCED it is a woman!) who invented paper plates and pizza delivery!
I'm thinking of mailing you a package and you can just sit on it until you have another bad day. Otherwise I'm of no use to you...
Wishing you a healthy, happy day!
Those days are no fun! I am glad everything went well with your tests...and things are good on that end! Thank heavens for thoughtful friends and pizza!
So glad that your day turned around. :) And glad the little one is coming along nicely!!
Glad to hear everything is going well with the baby, AND that your day turned out better than it started.
Post a Comment
<< Home