My East Coast Family
We Parkers have been very lucky.

We have had the most amazing friends while living out here.

Lots of them.

There is a small group, however, that we think of more like family.
They're the kind of people who don't judge you, even if you have a little food on your face,

or you eat all the sprinkles,

or give wicked wet willies,

or play with naked Barbies,

or drink and drive.

We've cried together when there's bad news, and we've celebrated when there's good.

We can hold each others babies just as easily as our own,

and we never have to worry about looking silly in front of each other.

One part of that family is leaving to California, and it's so hard on all of us. Just look how sad Penny is!

I'm going to miss my shoe shopping buddy, Julie.

The Christensens take Lucy's best friend, Eleanore,


and Miley's "whole wide world" friend, Livvie with them.

I've been okay with the whole moving thing until tonight when we had a last little hurrah for this small group.

Now I'm sitting here hoping I get to see them all very soon.
Like, tomorrow would be good.

We have had the most amazing friends while living out here.

Lots of them.

There is a small group, however, that we think of more like family.
They're the kind of people who don't judge you, even if you have a little food on your face,

or you eat all the sprinkles,

or give wicked wet willies,

or play with naked Barbies,

or drink and drive.

We've cried together when there's bad news, and we've celebrated when there's good.

We can hold each others babies just as easily as our own,

and we never have to worry about looking silly in front of each other.

One part of that family is leaving to California, and it's so hard on all of us. Just look how sad Penny is!

I'm going to miss my shoe shopping buddy, Julie.

The Christensens take Lucy's best friend, Eleanore,


and Miley's "whole wide world" friend, Livvie with them.

I've been okay with the whole moving thing until tonight when we had a last little hurrah for this small group.

Now I'm sitting here hoping I get to see them all very soon.
Like, tomorrow would be good.


3 Comments:
Oh, Man. This bums me out. I LOVE all the pictures and love you even more for not posting the one of my backside.
We will also miss you guys and my only comfort is knowing we will still see you twice a year for good chunks of time.
Btw, that picture of Charlotte on Penny made me laugh out loud.
I'm ridiculously happy you all are moving to my side of the continent. Woo HOO!
That said, your post makes me so homesick for all our friends that live so far away from us. Boo HOO!
It was so good to see all those great people from the ward who we miss so much. I can relate to the hardships of leaving those friendships behind. You guys esp have been there much longer and therefore, it must be a bigger heartache.
Post a Comment
<< Home