Thursday, September 24, 2009

Up Up and Away

We don't go to the movies anymore.

Well, we don't take the kids to the movies anymore. It costs $60+ just to get in the door without even getting popcorn. Afterwards, I always think, "I could have gotten two pairs of nice kid's shoes with that."

So, starting last year, we just don't do it.

We wait for it to come out on DVD, buy it, and then we can watch it as many times as we want, order a pizza, make popcorn, and have s'mores for dessert for less than the admission to see it once! Plus, we can pause to go potty, rewind, whatever.

Well, I've been feeling so rotten for the past month that my mothering has really taken a hit. Cereal for dinner, wrinkly clothes, lots of crabbiness, you name it.

I've decided to remedy this with a party.

An "UP" party.

The movie, "UP", comes out in November, I think, so I have plenty of time for this.

We will be making tiny hamburgers with ketch"up", drinking 7-up, getting dressed "up" (in our jammies), and I'm going to buy a few helium balloons for the living room.

Any other ideas for "up"?

7 Comments:

Blogger willreidsmith said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9/24/2009 12:40 PM  
Blogger willreidsmith said...

1. All their hair could be messed 'up'...
2. You could make them stand 'up' the entire time..
3. Eat chicken for dinner (there's a big giant bird in the movie)
4. You could teach them to play head's 'up' 7-'up' before the movie.
5. Instead of making dinner, you could make s'up'per.

That's all I got. I'll keep thinkin' about it.

9/24/2009 12:40 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

This is a great idea! I love it. Just don't give them too much candy or it'll be a throw "up" party. haha.

9/24/2009 3:41 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I was going to say you could UP chuck everything afterwards, but I obviously wasn't the first to think it.

You could be like Landon and all wear PULL-UPS while watching it...
We make turkey roll-ups (tortilla/turkey/cheese rolled up like a wrap)...fruit roll ups. That's all I got here.

9/25/2009 7:24 PM  
Blogger kj said...

No ideas to add. I just love every word you write. It's a great pick-me-"up" to read your blog.

9/26/2009 5:13 PM  
Blogger The Cluff's said...

I love your idea! I might have to steel it to do with my own kiddos. If I think of anything in the mean time to go along with it I will email you. And by the way you are an amazing, funny, creative, talented MOM! Seriously everytime I read your blog I want to some visit you so I can join in the fun!

9/30/2009 2:04 PM  
Blogger MCMULLIN FAMILY said...

You are one great mom! Love your creativity.

10/14/2009 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home