Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Heaven help me

Seriously, I need some divinely inspired patience tonight. I've been working on a housewarming gift for my sister and her husband for a very long time now.

Years.

They move into the new house in less than 2 weeks. I'm almost done. It's going to be lovely. I even messed up on one part and spent a week taking it back apart and redoing it. I'm so excited to give it to her. She and Dale are going to love it.

I left the room for 90 seconds this afternoon.

Miles grabbed scissors and cut it to shreds.

He's 4.

All I want to do is light Bug on fire. Let's see how he likes it.

*I told him exactly what I felt like doing. I also said I wasn't going to do it even though I was very mad because it's wrong to destroy something of somebody else's.

Claire- you're now getting a crock pot.

10 Comments:

Blogger Laurie Smith said...

Reid...does this remind you of anyone you know?

10/28/2009 11:08 PM  
Blogger Claire Mills said...

That little booger! That's ok, you guys can come and visit us instead and that will be our house warming gift! :)

10/28/2009 11:44 PM  
Blogger willreidsmith said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10/29/2009 12:48 AM  
Blogger willreidsmith said...

In my defense (and Miley's) I was only 3.

10/29/2009 12:50 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

:( It's so hard when things like that happen...

10/29/2009 7:29 AM  
Blogger Marilee said...

NO NO NO!!! I"m glad I'm not the only one that has used beloved stuffed animals as object lessons. Stinky Dog has been threatened on more than one occasion.

I'm so sorry things went down like that. I have a Miles, too. His name is Owen. Let's be glad they don't live close!!!!

10/29/2009 8:22 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Oh no! Maybe you can send Miles as the housewarming gift instead.

10/29/2009 1:51 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Oh no! I have a little one sort of like Miles too.

10/29/2009 4:20 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Oh gosh - no! When you feel up to it - would love to see the damage...

11/01/2009 8:17 PM  
Blogger The Blakes said...

Any Ty's developmental therapist WANTS me to teach him how to use scissors. I don't think so.

I saw it nearly finished. It was beautiful. Mail the shreds to Claire so she can imagine what might have been...

11/02/2009 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home