Sunday, October 04, 2009

If you're gonna break your arm, this is a good weekend to do it!

IMG_9287

I'm really glad it's conference weekend. I've loved hearing the talks and I'm so grateful not to have to worry about teaching a lesson today!

Lucy hated her plain navy blue sling, so I offered to "pretty it up".

IMG_9293

I spent the morning session by the computer, fixing a sling fit for a princess.

IMG_9289

It's all the rage right now among crippled princesses in Milan and Paris.

IMG_9305

Everyone else spent the morning eating Lucy's cupcakes (thanks Karen!), drawing, and putting together Lego's.

IMG_9302

IMG_9303

IMG_9301

Naked church is the best.

7 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

That sling almost makes me want to break my arm, but not quite. :)

10/04/2009 6:05 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

OH poor Lucy! Her sling is darling! Way to go creative Mom! Can I be like you someday?

10/04/2009 9:04 PM  
Blogger Allison M. said...

This is why I can't have any girls. How on earth do you think of things like "prettying up" a sling? And then how do you happen to have the material readily available and then just zip it all together? I'm in awe.

Poor Lucy, feel better soon! With the arm broken and the teeth missing, you look like you've had a tough time. Hope you are on the mend soon!

10/04/2009 9:18 PM  
Blogger Marilee said...

I'm with Allison M. How in the world do you pretty things up? And do tell how you sit next to the computer to do something with a sewing machine? YIkes, I have a lot of learning to do.

10/04/2009 9:28 PM  
Blogger The Blakes said...

Pretty yourself up a cape, supermom. And tell Lucy that Calvina and I wish her a speedy recovery.

10/05/2009 5:17 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

That is one dolled up sling. Very cute Alison. You know etsy is calling your name. . . I hope all goes well and no surgery for Lucy.

10/08/2009 10:45 AM  
Blogger Annika said...

Do crippled princesses in Milan or Paris have cute nearly-naked baby brothers? Nope!

10/13/2009 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home