Saturday, October 03, 2009

Sticks and Stones and Jumping on the Couch

Miss Lucy and I had to take a very speedy trip to the E.R. again. She and Miles were doing their own version of Ringling Bros. Circus on the couch and Lucy jumped off. I heard that scream and came running to find her elbow pointing the wrong way.
I ran next door, yelled through the window, "Karen! Lucy broke her arm!" Karen didn't even pause. She took over with the boys as I scooped up the princess and buckled her in. I may have broken a few traffic laws on the way to the hospital, but we were taken care of right away.
She made every person on the first floor of the hospital sit up and take notice while they were putting her arm back together, and that was with the i.v. meds. I heard the scream from the waiting room where I watched every other person look up and say, "What the heck is going on in there?"
The Dr. says she may need surgery, but we don't go in to find out until Thursday.
So, everyone out there in blog land, if you could add Sweet Lu to your family prayers for the next week or two, we would really appreciate it.

IMG_9909

By the way, want to know what a 6 year old girl worries about most with a broken arm?

"How am I going to go potty at school!?"

IMG_9924

7 Comments:

Blogger Marilee said...

Poor Lucy!!! We will put her in our prayers. And you, too. It is hard to see your babies in pain. What a blessing to have such wonderful neighbors.

10/04/2009 9:20 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Oh no!! Lucy!!! We'll pray for little miss Lucy. I'm so sorry you guys have to go through that! I hope you won't need the surgery.

xoxoxo

10/04/2009 11:06 AM  
Blogger Berrett's said...

OYE! Let me know if you need anything!! I'm not too far! :) Poor Lucy! Glad she was a trooper though.

tina

10/04/2009 11:44 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Poor baby (her and you & Jake). I hope she heals fast!

10/04/2009 11:50 AM  
Blogger kj said...

Oh, poor poor Lucy! I agree...how is she going to go to the bathroom at school? I'll definitely be praying for her.

10/04/2009 10:34 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

That is really a good question. It's better that she think of it BEFORE she has to do it or she might not figure it out in time!

Let's pray no surgery!

10/04/2009 11:39 PM  
Blogger The Arbuckle's said...

The Parker Clan just can't seem to stay away from injuries.
Lucy will be in our prayers as well. If you need anything let me know.

10/05/2009 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home